French Nature Camp- MARCH BREAK 2017
Have any plans for your child(ren) for March Break?
Secure your child’s spot now!
A good alternative to care during this March Break.
A great way for French Immersion Students to learn unique survival skills while developing their second language.
Two weekly camps are available and held locally at Camp Barnard in Sooke!
All details and registration information can be found on the registration link.
Registration is OPEN to all from SD62- SD61- SD63
Email CPFSooke@hotmail.com with any questions.
A few important dates for our Grade 5 students to help them (and their parents!) prepare for the transition to Journey Middle School in September 2017:
1. Late French Immersion – The Information Evening (for parents and students) is Wednesday, January 18 at 6:30 pm in our gym.
2. Hockey Academy – our academy opens up for registration on February 1 and Coach Elm and JMS Principal Laurie Szadkowski will be visiting our school to speak with our Grade 5 students about the program on January 20th. More information for parents to follow.
3. The Grade Five Parent Meeting (for all incoming students and their parents) will be Wednesday, April 12 at 6:30 pm at Journey.
Please see the quick video clip from AnxietyBC for kids experiencing difficulties separating from their parents at school. It specifically looks at children entering Kindergarten, but still may be helpful for other families.
We are very excited to announce that SD62 is now offering School Cash Online to all parents to pay school fees and district fees. We want to save you time when paying for school fees and this is a great way to pay without the need for cash or cheques.
To sign up to use School Cash Online, please follow these steps:
- Read the Instructions (parents who have already created an account during online bus registration can skip to “Step 6”)
- Fill out the Consent Form (https://sd62.schoolcashonline.com/)
You must fill out a separate consent form for each child
Already signed up for an account during online bus registration?
Great! Please skip to “Step 6” of the Instructions linked above.
Why do you need to fill out a consent form?
The system is designed to extract some of your student’s personal information contained in MyEdBC (Ministry school database), with School Cash Online. This information will be shared through a secured FTP (file transfer protocol) site (similar to online banking) and will only be used for the purpose of student fees and online payments.
The information that will be extracted from MyEdBC is as follows and is contained on a Canadian site:
- Student School Name
- Student School Number
- Student Legal First Name
- Student Legal Last Name
- Student PEN Number
- Student Classroom/Homeroom
- Student Grade
- Student Parent/Guardian #1 First Name
- Student Parent/Guardian #1 Last Name
- Student Date of Birth
MIDDLE/HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS:
- Student School Number
- Course Codes
- Course Name
- Course Code Section
- Course Semester
- Semester Start Date
- Semester End Date
- Course School Year
- Course Teacher ID Number
- Student Number
In order to have your child/ren included in the first extract upload we require your consent to be completed by Friday, November 4th at 4 p.m.
We hope to have the first information transfer complete by mid November. Once your child’s information is transferred, you will be able to sign into your school cash online account, choose your child and attach him or her to your account to pay their fees.
After November 4:
You will still be able to submit your consent after November 4, 2016. This will simply mean that your child’s information will not be included in the first transfer but will be included in subsequent extracts.
We will send you more information closer to mid November regarding the second phase of the online program.
For general information about fees, please contact your child’s school.
School District 62